Decoding audio from HDMI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there my name is Johnny and I'm from Australia. This is my first post.

To the problem...

Basically what I want to do is siphon off digital audio data from a HDMI data stream. I need at least a 192KHz sample rate with 24-bits of resolution with (7.1) 8 channels. The catch is that I need to do this with ICs, I'm not interested in some commercial HDMI audio extracting gizmo. I'm doing this as a part of a self initiated project.

You (as in private person) cannot buy HDMI receivers as parts. And definitely you cannot emulate them with IC's. This is due to a "little thing" called HDCP encryption.

There are products that will extract the PCM multichannel from HDMI stream (since PCM is not requiring any decoding license). But they still have to deal with HDCP...

You (as in private person) cannot buy HDMI receivers as parts. And definitely you cannot emulate them with IC's. This is due to a "little thing" called HDCP encryption.

There are products that will extract the PCM multichannel from HDMI stream (since PCM is not requiring any decoding license). But they still have to deal with HDCP...

Hi Sonic,

what about using

ANALOG DEVICES ADV7612BSWZ-P HDMI RECEIVER, 1.89V, LQFP-100.

Shouldn't it work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.