Aleph 4 - the right amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a view as to whether a production Aleph 4 is capable of driving a pair of speakers with a nominal impedance of 4 Ohms and a sensitivity of 92dB/W@1m?

My understanding is that the Aleph 4 does NOT increase power into lower impedances (though I'm not sure where I got this from).

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this. Now just let me know.

Cheers,
Mani.

manisandher,
with low impedance speakers Aleph shows its ugly side (a CCS tricked into believing that he's a part of push-pull team).
And make sure not to take advice on this matter from people who own and listen to 16 Ohm speakers - not even if they have a monkey on the shoulder :D

Last edited:
And make sure not to take advice on this matter from people who own and listen to 16 Ohm speakers - not even if they have a monkey on the shoulder :D

Is that what that is?
Maybe a BA2 or F5 would be better.
I am sure you could tweak the ccs in the aleph to better match 4ohm speakers though, but maybe it is not worth the effort.
As a suggestion I would aim for 24V to 30V rails and 4A bias current.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.