Audiobahn a275hct

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for another thread. I know audiobahn is junk. Either way I got this amp from a friend for free like new. Thing is it won't work. Powers up with the blue led's coming on and the fans but that is it. The vu meters don't work or the white backlight to them. The status light comes on red upon coming on to where it then goes out. I believe it is suppose to turn blue.

Not sure. It just doesn't play sound. No thump from the subs or anything. I tore it apart where nothing is burnt or smell like it so I am at a loss.

You'll need to post the DC voltage on the 16 pin driver IC. Place the black meter probe on the amplifier's ground terminal. Place the red meter probe on the point where you need to measure the voltage. Have all transistors tightly clamped to the heatsink. You should insert a 15 amp fuse in the B+ line before you begin measuring the voltage.

IC#
Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:
Pin 15:
Pin 16:

Attachments

• pinconfig494-01.gif
    pinconfig494-01.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 76
Sorry I'm not to into fixing amps. I can solder new stuff in no problem. What is the 16 pin driver? This morning being bored I kept looking and noticed corosion in a few places. Sorry I don't know the technical names but one of the wire wound things. Had corosion on the left one. Then I am guessing capacitors not the black ones but the big 4 that says audiobahn on them. The one on the left 2nd over was the same way. With the top kind of bubbled along with the other left had a bubble in the top.

Not sure if that would do it or not but I desoldered it. Only take a min to put it back on.

Ok will do. Ok I guess what I am talking about is the transformer. It is way bigger than the black caps. Not sure if a good way to tell if they are bad is by the tops are bulged or not. But still reading.

Also I can use a multimeter and such just not sure on all the parts.

Last edited:
Ok that is what I thought well the top is bulged on it and the one right beside of it.

As for overheated. I know the amp never did that when my friend had it. But was saying due to all the melted brown glue on the bottom. Not sure if that is a give away or not. As I thought someone told me that at one time.

If it's all over the board, set your meter to the highest resistance range (if it's not auto-ranging) and touch the probes to the fixative about 1/16" apart. If the meter reads anything other than what it reads with the meter probes open (not touching anything), it needs to be removed. Remove it by picking it off with a pair of needle-nosed pliers or hemostats.

IC#
Pin 1: 102mv
Pin 2: 2.3v
Pin 3: 26.3mv
Pin 4: 100.6mv
Pin 5: .817v
Pin 6: 1.8v
Pin 7: 0v
Pin 8: .245v
Pin 9: 32mv
Pin 10: 34mv
Pin 11: .32v
Pin 12: 7.94v
Pin 13: 2.48v
Pin 14: 2.3v
Pin 15: 2.3v
Pin 16:.45v

I tested it with around 8 volts. It wasn't real steady voltage. So that may be due some of the ones reading a little lower than the other that should be the same. That is if they should be. I will have to dig out on of my old psu to get a steady 12volts in the house.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.