B&WDM605 TDA7294V design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those who are struggling with a bridged TDA7294 design, here a commercial product that works. You can download the rest of the service manual at the B&W website.

The bridged TDA7294 was used to actively drive the (sub)woofer section of the B&W DM605 S2 tower speaker. I heard this speaker myself, and the low end was mind blowing. This speaker never got a success sadly enough, and was soon discontinued.

The amplifier design is nothing exceptional, and the high resistor values all over in the circuit (due the inverted topology) bugs me a bit, and one can assure the noise floor is not as low as possible. Neither less, here a reliable and working circuit for those who need inspiration.

With kind regards,
Bas

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-28 at 9.45.38 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-28 at 9.45.38 PM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 709
not sure if my implementation is the same cos i had split the signal in via DRV134 to be feed into one pair of TDA7294. here is my implementation:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Wow! congrats! very neat build, Impressive power supply. Mind to share some more? Schematics?

With kind regards,
Bas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.