Jl 500/1 irf540n?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I assume you cannot use the IRF540Ns in a IRF540 JL audio 500/1 unit?

Reason I ask is becuase its doing something weird. it had failed outputs and a few bad SMPS transistors. replaced all those and resistors associated that were burned up. none burned up in the output circuit.

Amp will take a tiny bit to startup, and plays fine. but cuts out. plays, cuts out. plays, cuts out. itll stay cut out for about 1 or 2 seconds. play for about 5 to 10 seconds.

So i put the amp on a 40amp power supply. and it played and sounded fine for a little bit. then started cutting out and turning back on. it was pulling the 13.8v 40amp power supply down to about 10v at idle. so something wrong...

is it the 540N?

Nothing in the amp is getting smoking hot or anything. its just drawing way too much current, then SMPS will shutdown/restart. I replaced all the SMPS FETs, but there are a few that are not in the same batch number. but they were all ordered at the same time to be replaced.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.