Is Mooly's Amp Safe To Build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, I haven't built the amp. And I have had and is having a very high hope on this amplifier. But every time I see the output stage... I look at another circuit.

So I don't want to miss good opportunities just because of misconception about the safety of an amp. So I want somebody to help me clarify (with technical explanation) the following two issues/mythos:

1) When output capacitance (Co) of a mosfet is lower than its input capacitance (Ci) it will be beneficial to have a configuration where the output signal is taken from the drain so as to minimize total/effective capacitance. But...

2) I'm scared of P-channel transistor on the positive supply.

Hehe thanks Hugh. Tho I cannot build amplifiers, I think when I can build one I will know what to do to get a good sounding one. I have seen many experts with many amplifiers (of course you're not included ;)) but honestly to my limited knowledge they don't look like understand what makes a good sounding amp, just curves :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.