Hello, again, and and a request for help for a failing memory.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a stroke, two fairly long periods of unemployment, financial horrors, a change in careers at 63 requiring total reschooling, a separation and relocation, I'm finally able to renew working on my Aleph 30 clones based on BrianGT's mini-A boards. However, I've forgotten (among many other things) from whom I purchased matched output mosfets (he had a website, I recall) and the first ones I bought I ordered matched-in-twos (?). Does anyone know where I can get four sets of matched-in-threes IRPF240 s, particularly IRPF240PBF-NB s, or someone who will match a third IRPF240 to four sets of matched-in-twos IRPF240 s?.

Thanks.

George

Hello George and welcome back to the hobby.

Sounds like you have been throught the "mill"

With regards to matched transistors, did you by any chance order from :

http://www.tech-diy.com

click on store and then look at the second column over fro transistors.

I too am building an Aleph based on BrianGT's beautiful boards.

For now, mine is going to be the low power version.

Anyway, best of luck.

Curt

Well, I guess **** happens, and it was my turn.

Thanks, Curt:

It was The Company Store, or tech-DIY. However, I just emailed them ("sales@tech-diy.com") and the message didn't get through, and a phone call to 973-564-8832 only reached a fax machine. Any idea if he's still in business?

If not, anyone else have any other ideas about where I can get my four matched pairs matched to a third per set? OR, where I can order matched triplets?

Thanks.

George

Hello George and welcome back to the hobby.

Sounds like you have been throught the "mill"

With regards to matched transistors, did you by any chance order from :

Company Store

click on store and then look at the second column over fro transistors.

I too am building an Aleph based on BrianGT's beautiful boards.

For now, mine is going to be the low power version.

Anyway, best of luck.

Curt

Most prefer to have all mosfets matched from same batch, and based off that I would not try to add a third from different batches to your pairs. If yours were close enough you could take your 4 groups of 2 and make 2 groups of three, and add two more groups of three. If you mailed me yours I could rematch yours, and provide you with 2 more groups of three.

I match on a fluke meter out to 4 digits, test them several times (on low current, and then again at high current) I would provide a text file that gave you the matching info.

I do not know for sure (mostly I lurk alot around here) but Did jack have something happen to his shop? I think he has not been been putting kits together recently for some reason?

anyways, glad to help out.....

I need a reason to get my Aleph amps built also.

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.