Improvements Pass Labs X 2.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello people,

First time I'm visiting and subscribing to this forum.

As you can see in my profile I'm kind of a Linnie. My system consists of a Linn Sondek LP-12/Cirkus/Trampolin/Ittok LVII/VandenHul MC one special/Lingo/Linto/Linn KarikIII/Pass Labs X2.5/3*Linn LK-85+active filters/active Linn Ninka's.

Yesterday I purchased a Pass Labs X 2.5 pre-amp to replace my Linn Kolektor pre-amp. The reason is obvious, is it not ;-) Anyway right now I've got the demo piece of the Nelson Pass dealer at home until my own (new) piece will be delivered. I was wondering if the X 2.5 was improved in some areas the last two years. The demo piece from my dealer is from 2001. He claimed that most likely my new piece will sound better because of possible improvements on the amplifier in due time.

Can someone confirm if this is true or not? For instance in a review from the beginning of this year on soundstage I read that new versions have a phase shifting option. My current version has not.

Any answer is being appreciated highly.

Thanks,

Remco Meijer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.