Zaph SR71 Build in Concrete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I threw together a pair of SR71's in concrete... They weigh about 55 lbs each (just box) and are 1 inch thick on all surfaces. Cant feel too much through the box when they are playing. Kinda look a little industrial with the bug holes but I can't argue with the sound that comes out. Pretty good speakers for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    588 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    563.1 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0106[1].JPG
    IMG_0106[1].JPG
    670 KB · Views: 422
Neat build. I'll second Paul's request for build pics.

This reminds me of a pair of bookshelves I saw years ago made with besser (cinder) blocks with part of the centre divider ground out, and front and rear baffles glued on with construction adhesive. Beyond the driver and xover cost, total investment was about $5. Didn't look as good as erpiii's though.

Ho God! Somebody copied my skin... (The Big Merino:deer:)
Please do not mock the Big Merino, it is a significant cultural icon down here.

Oh, and wrong smilie; :deer: it's actually a sheep.

re:'the Big Merino, it is a significant cultural icon down here' -
I thought it had changed to this...

(nice work, erpiii)

That image is a bit big, Pete.. Could you reduce it by , say 40%, please. ?

Oh and yes, it would be interesting to see how those concrete (or is it cement) speakers were built, please. :yes:

I think the thing that would worry me most about concrete or cement would be chipping of the corners. (apart from getting a sore back, of course :scared:)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.