Diode Identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hope im in the right area, Im trying to repair a kenwood KAC646X amp. I found 1 rectifier dead and 2 diodes that are burnt beyond reading their value. The diode's are located in slots R25 and R29, is there anyone that can help me :confused:. Yes I know it's an old amplifier, I just like to fix things. Thanks:):D

Anything that is marked as Rxx are resistors.
You may need to get a schematic because if they are burn't that bad it means that some thing is dead shorted after them to ground usualy.check around any power transistors or power i.c.'s.and other diodes.
It could be resurected if you want to spend alot of time on it, but prints can be as much as $40 alone.
Somtimes they can be found online for free.
check with retrevo for one.
How much is it worth to you.
A few times I have done this only to find out the cpu was bad too ,which are hard to get sometimes not to mention very costly as well.
However it is worth a try and good experience.
It is good to see someone learning the art of repair in todays throw it away world. jer

Anything that is marked as Rxx are resistors.
You may need to get a schematic because if they are burn't that bad it means that some thing is dead shorted after them to ground usualy.check around any power transistors or power i.c.'s.and other diodes.
It could be resurected if you want to spend alot of time on it, but prints can be as much as $40 alone.
Somtimes they can be found online for free.
check with retrevo for one.
How much is it worth to you.
A few times I have done this only to find out the cpu was bad too ,which are hard to get sometimes not to mention very costly as well.
However it is worth a try and good experience.
It is good to see someone learning the art of repair in todays throw it away world. jer
I am not the greatest but I have repaired EQ's and amp's that poeple threw away. Im trying to help my co-worker out. I am also trying to repair a kicker ZR600 amp, so far it might have a shorted audio output (speakers start to travel when gain is increased).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.