Native 24bit 96k USB to Spdif I2S Converter Module DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think there is a lot of marketing babble on the site and some untruths, for starters there are a number of devices that do async 24/192 now, it is not upsampling unless you only provide it with lower bitrates. the tenor chip is pretty good actually, but it is hardly groundbreaking as they claim, there are plenty of manufacturers using it now. but if buying something like this that isnt a finished product, I would go with the hiface OEM board which does async 24/192 at 50eu from the GB on this forum. always good to have another option though

New native 24bit module from Teralink

I saw a conflict between the photo and the description of this module. In the description written : ''9. Offer both RCA and BNC type SPDIF output, each with independent PE65612 pulse transformer. ''
I could't see any pulse transformer on photo.:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• TeraDac.jpg
    TeraDac.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,059
Taralab-X2-M USB to SPDIF/TOSLINK/I2S Converter Module

Some days ago I got this module from vintage_audio_lab (via ebay). I am testing it now with my DDDAC1543 Mkll over the I2S-Interface. As reference I have the native USB to I2S Interface from the DDDAC1543 USB Converter.
I use Amarra mini on a Mac mini, the Amarra/mac-native driver and the USB-cable from Aqvox.
The power for the Taralab-X2-M comes from an 12V-Accu and bypasses the rectifier diodes.
It seems to me that the Taralab-X2-M sounds not as good as the native interface, but the difference is not so big. It is quite difficult to compare these two interfaces, as I need to switch the cable and the I2S-Interface and to relaunch Amarra.

But with the origin 96K/24B wav file, the sound is more different, with more room and details and more air, than the same piece downsampled to 44K/16B (I use the voxengo r8brain PRO Full for the conversion) and listened with the native interface.
Unfortunately I have no possibility to compare it with ANOTHER 96K/24B-USB to I2S converter.
Be aware that this Interface does not support 88KHz!

Does anybody know another USB to I2S-Converter for 96K/24B?
Thank you.

Native 24 bit DAC and not satisfaction

Recently i bought their new generation USB to I2S converter. I connected it to computer with USB port. Then i connected the I2S output to my 8XTDA1541A dac, I am not satisfied at all. I know, this is so cheap but, before buying this i read the reviews and i thought this device will give me so good sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.