Can I parallel LT1763 to double the current?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking about using the LT1763 to power my circuit since it has low noise. However, my circuit requires 620mA, so the LT1763 itself is not able to provide. Is it possible or even a good idea at all to parallel 2 LT1763 so I get 1A of current out of this combo?

if the input V isn't too noisey and variable and the load doesn't vary you can just add a shunt R or CCS "helper' to add current to the output - but generally regs don't pull down so the added current must be less than the minimum draw

more compelx is a current mirror that measures/copies the I drawn by the single LT reg and adds it to the output for double the output - it will require >.6 V headroom

generally you can't simply parallel high feedback amplifier outputs without adding series R - which defeats the load regulation

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.