Dead MJL3281A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I'm building Symasym 5.3 as a 1st major project - I've powered it up a few days ago with no drama - bias set up easily at 55mA - Its run continuously for 3 hrs (not loaded) with no problem. No oscillation on either channel. The only thing that was not quite right was the DC offset which was 7mV and 4 mV which I put down to poor transistor matching as I confess I did not pay enough attention to it.

I've spent some time last night matching some transistors and today powered it back up to remind myself which channel had the largest DC offset. It immediately blew the fuses in the left channel power supply. I've so far established that the MJL3281a is short circuit whichever way I measure but before I start dismantling it further could anybody point me in the right direction to find out why this has happened

Thanks

Richard

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.