Case for a PASS amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, ill take the bait.

@Vinay

Could you be a bit more specific? ie give some requirements such as:

• Targeted design
  • Targeted layout (dual mono, stereo monoblocks, seperate psu)
  • Targeted power output into a given load
  • Intended result (definitive, prototype, if it works i't's ok versus waf..)
  • What tools do you have available
  • What have you built before

Your question is still to open endend to be answered. If you specify more we can help you better and you have more chance to get an answer.

regards
joris

You have a better chance by offering the heatsinks for sale separately, imho.
The case is both ugly and bad.

Bad, because it barely handles 150W (if you're lucky). Those heatsinks are not designed to touch cheeks, and your calculation of max dissipation is dead wrong.
Ugly, because it is.

This is just a case with heatsinks, could be used for any design that would fit in the case and use the available heatsinking capacity.

One of my projects is the oldest Pass A75 amp on PassDIY Gallery (It was my very first electronic project and I had built it half of an A75, i.e. ~40wpc)

Regards, Vinay

ok, ill take the bait.

@Vinay

Could you be a bit more specific? ie give some requirements such as:

• Targeted design
  • Targeted layout (dual mono, stereo monoblocks, seperate psu)
  • Targeted power output into a given load
  • Intended result (definitive, prototype, if it works i't's ok versus waf..)
  • What tools do you have available
  • What have you built before

Your question is still to open endend to be answered. If you specify more we can help you better and you have more chance to get an answer.

regards
joris

You guys are harsh give the guy a break, He just wants to sell make him an offer or ask what he'll take.I'm sure he knows they are not new and pristine anymore ....

BTW what do you want for them...???

regards, Elwood

He did ask for opinions....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.