Mackie SRM450 transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Got a mackie SRM450 that keeps blowing fuses. It basically goes straight from the power in, through the switch, to the transformer. Disconnecting the secondary of the transformer still blows the fuse on power up, disconnecting the primary stops it. The transformer meters OK, but I don't have a megger to test it with, and it DOES measure slightly different to the other SRM450 I have, so I'm pretty well satisfied that the transformer is the problem.

Trouble is, to get an original spare will cost me well over $300, and if previous experience is anything to go by, will take 6-12 months to arrive. Which is not helpful.

Can anyone suggest where I might find a generic equivalent?
It's made by eaglerise electronics p/n 8213D11000
It's a toroidal transformer approx 120mm dia x 50mm high
240V 50Hz input
output: 60V--30V--0--0--30V--60V
I can't find anything on the schematics or otherwise on what sort of current draw we're talking, but at the moment it's lighting up a 4A slow blow fuse like a street light (very briefly ;))
any help is greatly appreciated!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.