Building the "CodeNelson" Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson:

I have followed your audio career since 1975, and I have enjoyed the ride.
Thou I was never moved by your genius to design, I have always been moved by your high aptitude towards humanity.

Your generosity in sharing your gifts of audio knowledge and electronic design
with millions around the world, has led me to this point of designing a power amp using the circuits that you yourself have provided to us all.

I can not say any more than that, plus to add "thanks for the memories".

I am designing and building it at the same time. I hope to have everything done by August 2010. To present it to the forum. With drawings and assembly information.

Take Care

Ivey

Nelson:

I have followed your audio career since 1975, and I have enjoyed the ride.
Thou I was never moved by your genius to design, I have always been moved by your high aptitude towards humanity.

Your generosity in sharing your gifts of audio knowledge and electronic design
with millions around the world, has led me to this point of designing a power amp using the circuits that you yourself have provided to us all.

I can not say any more than that, plus to add "thanks for the memories".

I am designing and building it at the same time. I hope to have everything done by August 2010. To present it to the forum. With drawings and assembly information.

Take Care

Ivey

+ 1000 Kabizzilion ................... :cheers:

Building Code Nelson

Hello Everyone..., Ivey here.

I have been trying to get back on my feet, since my health went to hell and back.

My medical support team is telling me that at my age, I should rest and take it easy. It is a hard message to follow. But my old and tired body, will no longer do as I request of it.

The meds I am taking, are taking their toll on me. Some days I can not see, talk, move, or go to the bathroom. And when I do, it is indeed a mess.

I hope to recover soon, I have decided to take those actions necessary to restore my health or kill me. I can not continue like this.

Old age is a disease that is robbing me of the thing I love the most (other than family) my electronics.

Will do all I can to restore my health and strength.

I need a little more time

Take Care

Ivey

Hi Everyone!!

Well, I am half way back.

The doctors are making money, the insurance company is crying, and I feel like sh*t, and slowly dying.

My old body no longer responds to its old ways. The medicine that is suppose to cure me, is killing me. If not turning me into a drug addict. I am on OXycotin three times a day, 10mg each. And a lot anti depressant drugs.

Some strong stuff.

Sometimes, I can think. Other times, I am on cloud 87, or is that 89. I can not remember. I have taken so much drugs and painkillers, and struck with needles and pins. With machines taking fluids out and putting them in, that I can not remember if the doctor visit was $125.00 or $225.00.

All I know is that he loves giving this old fart anal examines. Why, I do not know.

I got more test and a MRI to do. So stand by, because I need to get my old body back to work and stop that doctor make payments on his BMW.

Take Care

Ivey

"All I know is that he loves giving this old fart anal examines. Why, I do not know"
EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!, had one of those recently myself, one was enough for a LOONNNGGG while.

Ivey, I don't know you, but I wish you well, it doesn't sound like you are having fun. If you need people to commiserate with, I have a friend who was in a similar situation due to a motorcycle accident. I can ask if he would be willing to email with you to help you through the difficulties.

Peace and get well,

Dave

Parts to donate

Ivey,
With your situation and all I thought I could volunteeer a small plethora of parts for you to use. I for sure will never finish even one tenth of this stuff. Since you are going Pass style I can relinquish some IRFP240/9240 mosfets. I have about 500 laying around plus some 610/9610 items. There are also many nice heavy heatsinks and wire and just a bunch of stuff for amps.
Let me know of what you might need and I can check the stash.

Tad

Hello Gentlemen, I am back; but with one problem. Ivey

Hi, gentlemen and ladies:

I am doing much better. And I can walk again. I am getting stronger, but not ready for sex at my age. But they got drugs for that too. So I will look at all my old Playboy mags, and remember when..., well you know.

On top of being old and hit with a deadly lung infection, I have mold and leakage in my basement. The really bad part of it, is that I had no idea!!!

It was my grandchild that told me about it, after I sent him down there to get an old manual for me to look over. It is behind all the junk (and I do mean junk) that I have stored down in a corner area of my basement. I was planning on going through it. But never got around to it. But now that has changed, since the mold was tested and the bastard was one of the causes of my illness. Nasty stuff!!

It was my gardener that did it. Too much dang water. Plus he removed the ground grading from the wall that allows the water to drain away from the wall and the house. He crated a ditch or moat in that area of the yard.

So I am having the items removed, some stuff is being cleaned and others are ruin and can not be saved. And the problem is being taken care of.

A repair crew will be out to my place to look over the damage and repair and dry out my basement. With a team of people to test it mold free. I am back in business

I lost some damn good old stuff, that can not be replaced.

So as soon as my basement is repaired, and my wife gets off her over protectiveness. I will be back in my basement shop; hiding from my wife and sleeping at my workbench once again.

Take Care

Ivey

Tad, Thank You for your kindness

Parts!!!!

Thank you, but no thank you. I have MILLIONS of parts. I hold them in my hands and dream about all the things I could and would do with them. It is like sex before the big climax. Because when you put it down. That where it stays.

Tad, I have so much stuff, that I hide the new things from my wife, because she will just go off. My garage, basement, and study, is filled with PARTS. Oh yea, and tools!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of tools. Sears, Monkey Wards, Production Tools, and that new place, Harbor something. We are one..., for tools.

But thank you kindly, I will remember you, if there is something that I do require.

I just need to get stronger, get my color back, and get off all these drugs.
I got about 23 or 25 of those things. When I was young, it was aspirin, alka-seltzer, castor oil, vicks, and tums. Now..., they have names I can't say or spell.

I will work in bed and use my grandchild's laptop. And I will post the design. Well really, it's Nelson's design, with an addition. Nothing brainstorming.

Take Care

Ivey.

Hello Ivey, good to hear that you are getting better. Bummer that the same thing that made you sick is taking other things from you also. Damn things, take your possessions and your health. Seesh.
I know how you feel about the parts thing, I just don't have a wife or girlfriend to worry about. Sometimes I think having a SWMBO around would be a good thing for me. It would keep things a little bit better under control!:eek::eek:

Peace and get well!

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.