new plinth for rega planar 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
justMDF.jpg

routerwork.jpg

terminado.jpg

notabadlookingturntable.jpg

notabadlookingturntable2.jpg

I know how some folks around here feel about messing with the low mass concept from rega,well, I had always think that the reason for rega to make those pliths so cheap is to save a buck, here it is my own plinth,(3) 3/4 MDF boards glued together, besides, that the dimensions remain the same, How doe sit sound? I like to think that much better than before.

justMDF.jpg

routerwork.jpg

terminado.jpg

notabadlookingturntable.jpg

notabadlookingturntable2.jpg

I know how some folks around here feel about messing with the low mass concept from rega,well, I had always think that the reason for rega to make those pliths so cheap is to save a buck, here it is my own plinth,(3) 3/4 MDF boards glued together, besides, that the dimensions remain the same, How doe sit sound? I like to think that much better than before.

Hi I am thinking of doing the same, can you post the dimensions of the plinth and the holes and diameters?

Thanke

no dimensions, but an alternative ....

to my arch-nemesis MDF.

Baltic Birch or Applewood ply is approximately the same mass, but are "constrained" layer types.

I found some "clearance " Bamboo cutting boards locally that are going to be made into a plinth, these ones are only 3/4" thick so I will glue them up...

Pulley Distances

Dear eldarvanyar please tell me if you can tell me the distance between the centers of the pulleys (motor and plate.) Or maybe the length of the belt ,with that information I can finish my design.
Your design has been really very beautiful. Best regards...

Nice plinth - I may do that myself eventually. I also have a big marble sink cutout that I'm considering using as a base underneath that, but I have to figure out the suspension first.

On my older Planar 2, the distance between the spindle and the center of the pulley is measured around 2-3/4" (70mm). You can search the forum for the arm mounting distance - which arm do you have? IIRC, Rega mounts their arms at 222mm from the spindle center (which matches with what I just measured on my deck).

Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.