Question--Cone mass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks

Thanks guys. I asked because I have the opportunity to build a pair of drivers from the "ground up", and just trying to make sure I understand some things first. When faced with actually starting the design of anything new, it seems the process of second-guessing everything begins. I look forward to learning a lot. It will be rather like a five year old trying to add on a garage. It can be done, but may end up being rife with problems----nevertheless---why not try?

Terry

I agree Parasonic, I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

It seems the whole speaker industry is clouded in an air of secrecy. It took me a long time to even find a cheap source of raw parts (spider, surround, etc) not offered in expensive kits or to "industry professionals only." Considering that many of these parts are mass manufactured in standard sizes, it can be frustrating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.