precision electronics inc. tube guitar amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend of mine gave me an old guitar amplifier he had in his shed.
it was rusty so i sanded of the rust and painted it with grey metal primer.
I replaced some of the tubes from a local tube bank.
I plugged it in to see if it worked and the inline filter made noise like a frying pan so.
Its a precision electronic inc. has a 5u4 for rectifier and 2- 6L6 in line and then the in line filter.
the other tubes are 2- 6SQ7s and a 6SC7
I am searching for schematic and a replacement in line filter
the Filter has these designations
40 MFD AT 450 WV----30MFD AT350 WV---10MFD AT 300 WV--- 20 MFD AT 25 WV
IF ANYONE COULD POINT ME TO A SOURSE OF PARTS AND SCHEMATIC , I WOULD APPRECIATE IT

I could almost draw the diagram, as it's likely very standard. About 50 Watts; the 6SC7 is the phase inverter.

You probably won't find the right filter capacitor and so will have to cobble it together from four capacitors. Easily found parts. Actually I might have some NOS parts like that in my stuff.

Precision electronic amp.

Thankyou for your encouraging reply.
My friend the electronic tech says that i should measure the components of that amp to see if any of the other parts are still in good shape. I will do that this summer as the jam group i lead will shut down for summer.
I would like to have your email or site so that if i decide to proceed in renovating the amp i will have a source of parts, especially the filters.
We have many tubes at our amateur radio club but the filters are huge.
We have in the past scrapped many tube radio equipment, and i reget it now.
And the old radio techs have died off.
Ola Bourgeois
olab at nbnet dot nb dot ca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.