The highest quality ouput ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wanted to test this out so I got a Creative SoundBlaster music LX for $60NZD. Just having a separate card outside the PC case made a great difference even with this entry level DAC, motivated me to take this further. Am presently building my next setup. SPDIF optical out from the PC and SPDIF optical > Anologue (sp?) DAC in the power amp. DAC, active XO and 6 ch LM3875 > 2 ch 3 ways. One ground for all electronics in the whole system and total phase coherance, yeah!

The tripath amp is not digital.

You only need 2 channels, so don't waste money on a 5.1 Creative box that will install a massive bloated software package. You might be able to pick up an E-MU 0202 USB for not much more. At the budget end try M-Audio Transit USB.
thats what i thought, i dont particularly like creative products ...
the m-audio only has: mobile 24-bit/96kHz USB audio
and the superpro box has: Cirrus Logic's CS-8416 receiver ship and their ultra detailed flagship 24bit 192kHz

seems a better product to me think i'm going for the Super Pro 707
24-bit/192kHz USB DAC !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:bullseye:

Here are two options for PC sound that will most likely mate nicely with your amp.
1) The Grub DAC This thing sounds swell and is a nice stable design and has the bonus of no output caps. The cost id excellent too being in the $35-45.00 range. I have two and think highly of them. Being based on the USB to I2S of the 2707 chip it is limited to 24/48 tho
2) AMB Labs Gamma 2 This is a bit more sophisticated and can cost about $200.00 It can use USB, Tosilink or coax spdif for inputs depending on the config, also is 24/96 capable. It is a nice musical DAC that I use in my main system with both a PC and a transport.

Heck for $250.00 build them both!!

Super Pro uses CS4398 DAC and CM108 USB interface to connect that DAC chip to your computer.

The 24/192 is upsampled from the USB input, not a problem if you can live with that.

sorry wrong again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the newer super pro uses the Cirrus Logic's CS-8416 receiver chip
CS8416 - 192 kHz Digital Audio Receiver
the CS8416 is a 192 kHz Digital Audio Receiver:p

please read the spec :eek:

Upgraded for 2009!!!! SuperPro 707 DAC is built for speed and resolution, featuring Cirrus Logic's CS-8416 receiver chip and their ultra detailed flagship 24bit 192kHz, CS-4398 D/A chip. At half the price of the KingRex DAC, it also represents incredible value.

//www.itemaudio.co.uk/superpro_dac.html

:D:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.