• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help with circuitmaker Pentode model

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Can anyone help me figure out how the numbers in bold are determined?

*Vacuum Tube Tetrode (Audio freq.)
.SUBCKT X7199P 1 6 3 4
B1 2 4 I=(((URAMP((V(7,4)/20)+V(3,4)))^1.5)/1206)*ATAN(V(1,4)/10)
B2 7 4 I=((URAMP((V(7,4)/20)+V(3,4)))^1.5)/2562
C1 3 4 5.0P
C2 3 1 0.06P
C3 1 4 2.0P
R1 3 5 5K
R2 2 4 2.5MEG
D1 1 2 DX
D2 4 2 DX2
D3 5 4 DX
D4 6 7 DX
D5 4 7 DX2
.MODEL DX D(IS=1.0P RS=1.0)
.MODEL DX2 D(IS=1.0N RS=1.0)
.ENDS X7199P

Thanks!

I wonder what a X7199P is.
Tried to plot the curves in LTSpice with your model, but did not make complete sense to me.

You may want to look at:
Norman Koren: Improved vacuum tube models for SPICE, Part 1

How to "paint" your own tube models: Model Paint Tools: Trace Tube Parameters over Plate Curves, Interactively

Svein.

It's actually just the pentode section of a 7199.
This is a working model for circuitmaker which I copy pasted. LT Spice models might be a little different.

Any chance you know how amplification factor is determined for a pentode? I noticed it is used in all pentode model equations (including Norman Koren's). Pentodes are transconductance devices, so determining amplification factor without a specified load seems impossible to me. Perhaps it explains in his article, but I didn't catch it.

The paint your curves program looks really interesting. But, it's probably going to take a while for me to get it working properly on my computer. Then I'll have to figure out how to translate it's spice output into circuitmaker.

Eventhough the circuitmaker model is not the most accurate, it would certainly be easiest if I could just figure how those numbers were determined. It would be easy to create more models. Just copy-paste the model, change the name, those mysterious numbers and the capacitance values.

I've already figured out how to model triodes on circuitmaker (thanks to the help of others in this forum), just having problems with the pentode model.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.