Improve Audio Setup Advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All

I'm wondering where the best place to start is to improve my setup. Specs are as follows:

Thorens TD-160 Super Turntable/SME 3009 Series 2 Improved Tonearm/Ortofon OMB10 cartridge

Thorens TD-165 With Standard Factory Tonearm/Signet MR 5.0 Basic Cartridge

Yamaha RX-530 Receiver/Amplifier - Auditone 12 Inch 3-way Speakers

Pioneer VSX-D511 A/V Receiver/Amplifier-Stock Tower Speakers

Yamaha KX-530 Tape Deck HX Pro B/C Etc

Harman/Kardon TD-420 Tape Deck HX Pro B/C Etc

All components are hooked up with cheap budget line jack cables which are quite old. I use a 4 way av switch box to switch between cassette decks occaisionally. I use a uninteruptible power supply to protect all equipment. I record from vinyl to cassette frequently. The Yamaha RX-530 is the pre-amp for the turntables at the moment.

I prefer the sound from the Thorens TD 160 super better than the TD 165.

I am generally happy with the sound but am keen to improve. Maybe a seperate pre-amp for the Turntables is a good start? Or an upgrade of the line jack cables? Should the belt be replaced on the Thorens turntables even tho its not slipping? Ortofon OMB10 or Signet MR 5.0 basic best on SME arm?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Darcy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.