sources for caps / resistors / connectors / insulation pads and heatsinks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Hi, there,

I have found pretty much all the transistors / diodes I need but am at a loss as to where to get resistors / caps / connectors or insulation pads / heatsinks?

I tried digikey but they don't have a good selection of pads / heatsinks and the rest is quite expesnive buying individually from them.

Where do you get yours?

I thought the Bergquist page in the digikey catalog was more than sufficient.

If for heatsinks you mean for output transistors, the only really cheap means is surplus items on e-bay or a local surplus store if you have one or kluge your own from scrap metal. For something like the ESP P3A, I've "made do" by taking a piece of aluminum bar stock and bolting on a mess of old CPU heatsinks. Ugly in the extreme but effective.

If you want pretty heat sinks or somethinh really substantial, the best source for the hobbiest may be M&M Metals (www.mmmetals.com, I think). Minimum order is $100, so you may want to think ahead to future projects and buy in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.