Anyone following the hockey ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You gotta give props to Miller... One hell of an effort... Same certainly can't be said of Brodeur.

I doubt you'll see much of him (brodeur) for the rest of the tourney.

I liked the way we played. Certainly better than the Sweden game. Team Canada always has a large target on their backs when we play international hockey. Opposing goalies always seem to stand on their heads against us.

Quite honestly... I think the extra game will be good for us, and the U.S. earned it.

Good game.

Dave,
I would love to see it, what a hoot that would be. Maybe we could win by default, like the speed skating (last man standing)
At least we did good in the 2 man bobsledding

But I have to agree with smokinghot, the seppos did earn the win, from this end that last PP looked like a poor decision though.

(disclaimer, I haven't played for thirty years nor have I seen any ice in that time)

Dave,
I would love to see it, what a hoot that would be. Maybe we could win by default, like the speed skating (last man standing)

It was truly awesome to witness that moment. The look on his face was priceless. :)

But I have to agree with smokinghot, the seppos did earn the win, from this end that last PP looked like a poor decision though.

Being a hardcore Montreal (Patrick Roy) fan, I'm forced to blame Brodeur for that loss :). Although the U.S. squad did do well, it was without a doubt Miller's play that won them that game. There were only few small handfuls of minutes that the U.S. truly out played the Canucks.

If Miller continues that level of play. The U.S. will get the gold with ease. I doubt they'll get a tougher game than the one our offence provided the other night.

That Canada/USA game was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a long long time, lightning fast up and down action with no goonery and fights...just excellent play.

Seems the Canadians often run into a hot goalie at the Olympics.

I enjoyed the game against Germany tonight and it looks like Canada is hitting it's stride team wise but really looking forward to the match up with the Russians. Got a couple buds coming over for ribs and hockey.

J.B.

Jlsem, you is a bad person for suggesting that kind of play, my son wants the wimmin to play naked. I can't imagine how distressing that might be to a person of my delicate sensibilities. :yuck:

The russkis are gunna be a tough team and they need to win, just like the Canadians. I can't wait, this is going to be too much fun and nailbiting play (i hope)
I just don't want to watch a one sided game like Sweden and USA in the Wimmins game. That was zero fun and super dull.
:soapbox:

The russkis are gunna be a tough team and they need to win, just like the Canadians.

Well now that the round robin is over every team ''needs'' to win... ;) I didn't realize how dominant a record the Russians have over our guys. Quite frankly, if we don't pull out all the stops, I doubt it will break from the norm. Russia's first line is disgustingly good...

I just don't want to watch a one sided game like Sweden and USA in the Wimmins game. That was zero fun and super dull.

While I never have a problem watching any team of ours destroy another country's. I do have admit my frustration with the lack of ladies competition.

While I never have a problem watching any team of ours destroy another country's. I do have admit my frustration with the lack of ladies competition.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree there, but the English side of me tends to feel a bit sorry for the loser when the loss is so humiliating.
It is a bit like our Footy finals, the best day of my life was when the Hawks destroyed the Cats.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.