newb question - replacement caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have an old amp and i assume the caps need to be replaced. i have searched the internet for the specs of these ones they are elna 50V 6800 uf and there are 4 of them but i haven't found any. any advice as to where i could find them or whether they are obsolete? and if obsolete what other advice?

thanks

i have an old amp and i assume the caps need to be replaced. i have searched the internet for the specs of these ones they are elna 50V 6800 uf and there are 4 of them but i haven't found any. any advice as to where i could find them or whether they are obsolete? and if obsolete what other advice?

thanks

6,800uf 50v are easy to find. if they are used in the power supply you can use bigger ones and other brands too, make sure you use 50v caps or higher. if you want better ones for power supply,try Mundorf Audio Grade. they are fantastic caps!

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...EpiMZZMukHu%2bjC5l7Ycd/H5%2bMxIQfKgwpf2arXOQ= These are $3.37 each from Mouser.

Last edited:
these ones have 3 terminals

are they like this? if they are, they are "two capacitors in one" they often use them in tube amps.

Attachments

• thetubestore_2094_30617720.gif
    thetubestore_2094_30617720.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 76
the terminals are spaced at 1.5 cm. i have looked at the mouser and mundorf websites but havent found anything yet.

thanks again

Can you post picture of that special cap? as we mention before, 6800uf 50v are everywhere.I do not see what is the problem if is just 6800uf 50v. or are you looking for the same one? these days capacitors with that capacitance come smaller than years ago.

This is a 6800uf 63v cap from Mauser, check it! http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...EpiMZZMukHu%2bjC5l7Ycd/H5%2bMxIQfKgwpf2arXOQ=

Can you post picture of that special cap? as we mention before, 6800uf 50v are everywhere.I do not see what is the problem if is just 6800uf 50v. or are you looking for the same one? these days capacitors with that capacitance come smaller than years ago.

This is a 6800uf 63v cap from Mauser, check it! SLPX682M063C9P3 Cornell Dubilier Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Snap In

thanks for the reply. the lead spacing on that cap is 10mm while that of this one here is 15mm. otherwise it would work. can i bend the leads to fit this board?

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.