Best possible use for......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have aquired a power supply using 28 x 2N3772 power transistors bolted to two heatsinks which came from a military surplus store on ebay. I took the transistors off as I just wanted the heatsinks for an amp project. If I were to put them back on the heatsinks what could I use them for............any ideas?
:)

Well, with a 60V rating you'd be restricted to a +/- 30V supply maximum. You could make a high current stereo amplifier for driving low impedance loads. Or if you happened to remove 4 transistors (2 from each heatsink) you could make a pair of bridge amplifiers which could do nearly quadruple the power per channel ;)

The transistors can carry 20A a piece, it just depends on how large the heatsinks are on how much you could dissipate.

They aren't particularly fast transistors, maybe a large subwoofer amp in bridge mode & a single channel but with 6 transistors per side (+/-) & two amps making a bridge.

Leaves you with 4 spares :D

Thanks for the replies guys.
Looks like the consensus is that they are not really suitable for an audiophile application so I think I will just settle on the Laser ranging and Rapier guidance system that PhaseLockLoopy suggests:devilr::radar:

Actually, that might be a bit time consuming so I will just use the heatsinks for my intended original project as suggested.
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.