Need help reducing noise of Amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It's not enough to go on...
If it all works and nothings blown as such, then it might be a power supply fault... maybe an open circuit cap etc or a regulator fault.

Need to see a circuit really... no idea at all what the amp is. Is it stereo (2 channels) are both channels faulty ? etc etc

...the thing is that I took the broken part out(UPC1237HA: audio circuit protector for the speaker relay, and I've been waiting for the part). I am getting the audio output signals before the relay. The sound is normal, except the noise even I turn the VOL. down completely.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
moz-screenshot-9.png

I cannot send the pic. from my email. Please help!!!

well why didn't you say:)

It could be that the reason the protection module failed is because some other low power circuit has shorted, or got taken out in the process and the resulting higher quiescent current is producing more 50Hz mains stimulus.

Have a look around the sense circuits in the output stages to look for burned components - or in fact anywhere. Do you know why the protection module failed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.