Parallel TDA1543 + DIR9001 DACs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've seen a bunch of these floating around since I've been researching DACs. Not everything is DIY, but I am interested in trying. I have an interest in them because of all the good reviews for the VALAB NOS DAC. Here are some I've found.

DDDAC
eBay - NEW TDA1543 NOS 8.0 DIR9001 tube 6DJ8 6922 DAC (what does the tube do?)
VALAB
LiTe DAC-ah

These all have paralleled TDA1543's and DIR9001's except the DDDAC (I think). The random eBay one has a tube, but I don't know what it does.

Anyways, I'm very interested in one of these style DACs. Anyone who has one I'd love to hear what you think. Has anyone compared these A/B?

Hello,

I apologize for my English.

I am using an A class DIY amplifier.

I have a TDA1543(DIR9001) nos DAC from ebay (~40$). I use it with my laptop's optical output. The dac uses just res and caps in the output stage.

It sounds very clear, transparent, everything in the music is audible, but the music is soulless.

I have a CD player with the same DAC, the output stage of the dac is different, it uses op amps. It has more warmth in the bass and mid bass. The piano has less attack than with the NOS DAC.

I also have a TDA1541A DIY DAC. It sounds the same for the moment (I have'nt finished it yet).

I've tested LiTe Dac AH, but not on my system. It sounded clear, warmer than my CD-TDA1543 player.

The tube in the dac is for the output stage. (mines are using OP amps or just caps and res)
Dacs are often converting data to current, so we use an I/V converter before the output. This can be made with transformers, op amps, tubes... there are a lot of output stages diagram. (you can check the datasheet of the dac chip used)

I hope this can help you choosing. If you need more precisions, just ask me !

bye,

oilslick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.