Heatsink Design like NIRO and wanted for ZEN/Firstwatt SE projects - where to order?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
second try for the heatsink photos:

Attachments

• NIRO 1000.jpg
    NIRO 1000.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 565
  • niro_1000_rear.jpg
    niro_1000_rear.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 539
  • niro_showstopper.jpg
    niro_showstopper.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 542
Hey Dave,

Now all that's left for you, to get a real nice multiple heatsinks chassis, is to figure which lawnmower is particular lousy quality, so you can get all your heatsinks in the same design :D

Magura :)

Hey Magura, that isn't a problem around here. It isn't that they are of poor quality, it's just that it's cheaper to replace than repair around here. Therefore I find a lot of old Briggs and Stratton and Tecumseh's that are discarded.:D So finding multiples of the same design shouldn't be a problem. I have a friend with at least six lawnmowers laying around his place, some I gave to him. I imagine I could acquire a couple engines without any problems. Perhaps I gut the engine and put the circuit inside the cylinder bore. Use the entire engine housing as the heatsink!

Peace,

Dave

Dave, a word of advice.
As you can see from the above pics, I've been playing around with round designs. Trust me, you don't wanna go there, unless you have a machine shop or the like at your disposal.

Hello Magura, I can imagine your "joy" with the round designs. I do have access to a machine shop. However, I wasn't thinking of that exotic. I was thinking of gutting out a couple 3.5-5hp engines and stuffing the circuitry into the engine block. Perhaps a Zen or F series, modded to fit the enclosure. One engine block per amp channel. Call it the Pass and Stratton Zen Clone!;):p

Hello Magura, I can imagine your "joy" with the round designs. I do have access to a machine shop. However, I wasn't thinking of that exotic. I was thinking of gutting out a couple 3.5-5hp engines and stuffing the circuitry into the engine block. Perhaps a Zen or F series, modded to fit the enclosure. One engine block per amp channel. Call it the Pass and Stratton Zen Clone!;):p

Oh, a StrattoPass :D

Yeah, I had my share of work hours with those in the pic. They have soon been "in the process" for 9 years.

Hello Magura, so you have gotten a lot of snow in Denmark. We recently set a single storm record for here in Burlington Vermont. In one storm last weekend we got over 33 inches (84cm) of snow. Funny thing is that the mountain to our east didn't get much snow at all. The storm centered right over us!
The extra word wasn't anything too important, bad grammar on my part. I have no issues with people who English is a second language having some mistakes with their grammar, but I like to think I should be able to write in English correctly!;)

Peace,

Dave

P.S. Good luck with the power up and listening. I hope you shock them at the festival!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.