Sound card line out V into LM3886tf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the process of building a custom LM3886 stereo amp that will be getting its line level signal from my PC sound card. According to the sound card it pushes 3v RMS on the output
Auzentech, Inc. X-Fi Forte PCI-Express Soundcard : World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming

Input level on the LM3886tf amp says 1v max on the data sheet.

What should I do to avoid feeding 3v into the amp's positive signal input? Also what gain would you guys suggest setting the amp to? I would imagine 20 - 30 should be good considering the sound card acts as a pre-amp. Last thing is debating on the input dc coupling capacitor on the amp itself. My sound card has dc coupling caps on the output so it wouldn't make much sense using one on the input right?

So I understand it like this,

RCA - - -> potentiometer 25k - - -> resistor 1k - - -> input impedance resistor 22k - - -> amp input

looking at it the pot vertical from rca to ground, middle out to 1k to the top of the 22k that's also vertical to ground and v out to the input of the amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.