• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Black out coused demage in tube output stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like some help regarding my tube amp. - it is amp for hifi stereo
Well,what happened.During I was listening the amp,the black out occurred
- when the electricity came,I connected again my stereo tube amp but I noticed that the music picture is not the same - the bass was not so mighty like before and the whole music picture went a little bit back.In the same time I noticed that the power transformer is getting much warmer then before - the amp has 70 w in push pull amplification.One more thing.The sound is now more clear.High frequencies are more to hear as You put on treble regulation 2-3 db.The space is not more deep like it was before - ok this are some more observation regarding sound.the model is A 100 T from Cayin having 8 kt88 in output stage
.Do You have any idea what that might be??.I think the only thing that could happened that some capacity got shock.Can anybody let me know what part of amp. is possibly damaged?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.