Aleph 1,5 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built two monoblocks wich is something between Aleph2 and 1,2.
Works really great and sounds wery good.
Each monoblock uses 600W continosly(2,62A 230V), rail is +-51V, so the get really hot!
Capasistors are Rifa 4x100 000uF and 18pcs. irfp 240 in each amp, trafos are an 11kg 800VA Toroid.
Here is what they look like:

Attachments

• DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    408 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    339.7 KB · Views: 235
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I didn't say that you're wrong ;

all I say is - you need greater margin between power consumption and max power of your xformers ;

there are several reasons , and Papa already explain them better than I can .

you'll gain not just in peace of mind , but primary in sound - you'll have less ripple .... and even if present one isn't audible , every gain in that area will be audible as - roughly said - new layer of details and blackness

make simple test - move one xformer (along with Graetz bridge(s) ) from one monoblock to other ; parallel 2 xformers after Graetzs , and listen ;

let your ears be the Judge , not anyone else

then you'll have 1KVA of margin , not just 200VA

I didn't say that you're wrong ;

all I say is - you need greater margin between power consumption and max power of your xformers ;

there are several reasons , and Papa already explain them better than I can .

you'll gain not just in peace of mind , but primary in sound - you'll have less ripple .... and even if present one isn't audible , every gain in that area will be audible as - roughly said - new layer of details and blackness

make simple test - move one xformer (along with Graetz bridge(s) ) from one monoblock to other ; parallel 2 xformers after Graetzs , and listen ;

let your ears be the Judge , not anyone else

then you'll have 1KVA of margin , not just 200VA

Ok, thanks for the info, I will try with two transformers later. :)

Aleph P

I must allso post some pictures of my remote controlled dual mono Aleph P.
The silver enclosure under the preamp is the powersupply...
Im wery happy with the sound of the combo. :D

Attachments

• DSC00140.JPG
    DSC00140.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC00134.JPG
    DSC00134.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00133.JPG
    DSC00133.JPG
    367.1 KB · Views: 102
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.