Jfet audio buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Collegue,
my new project is a Preamplifier with 3dB gain
and original architecture
see drawing:)

values are not true - never tested - just an idea:no:

Attachments

• fets.JPG
    fets.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,501
mosfet instead FET

intresting
this buffer can be used 3 times in chain
to have a complete amplifier
for example with resistors A/B= 3
the gain is G=3 in every stage and at last G=27
final stage can use IRFD 110 & C - the little Hexfet @ +/- 35V

Attachments

• fets2.JPG
    fets2.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,309
Last edited:
Mirror symmetric topologies (push-pull LTP and push-pull output buffer) looks very symmetric at the schematic and it is also in theoretic world very symmetric. But in real life this symmetric behavior don't exist, even by best possible performed selection work. Both at complementary jFETs and BjTs (go to the datasheets).
Harsh sound is still to expect and nothing compare to the mentioned power follower from Andrea Ciuffoli (if you have a possibility to compare both topologies in real life, please perform this).

A great amount of symmetric behavior you get there
http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/Build The Amazing FET Circlotron.pdf
also appropriate for pre-amplifier with a small amound of voltage gain and much more better than the previous mentioned topology

6 times PSU of output peak voltage for "open sound"? Certainly by this mirror symmetric topology but not by Circlotron and clean power followers. To get better sound by already existing mirror symmetric topologies there is one possibility: the introduce of an offset voltage (2 times of output Vss value) and the introduce of caps in the signal line.

Please read in this case carefully the basic articles regarded "single ended" about www.passdiy.com

Last edited:
thanks

Ciclotron with FET is a genial project
but need balanced signal...
do you think it's possible introduce
a pseudo-SRPP configuration in a standard mirror?:rolleyes:
of course, with FET - like tube sound
with minimum gain and optimum ratio between peak/Vss

Attachments

• JC2-SCH2.GIF
    JC2-SCH2.GIF
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,119
Ciclotron with FET is a genial project
but need balanced signal...
do you think it's possible introduce
a pseudo-SRPP configuration in a standard mirror?:rolleyes:
of course, with FET - like tube sound
with minimum gain and optimum ratio between peak/Vss

The terms "pseudo-SRPP" and "standard mirror" are complete new for me. But I must say, my colloquial english is very bad. On the web I have found only the no longer exist website about Google-Cash:
Jon's Opinions - Life is beautiful with BIT88
There is mentioned some things regarded "pseudo-SRPP" unfortunately the schematics don't goes open
The attached circuit is the famous "Lender's circuit" - go to
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...age-large-voltage-swings-lenders-circuit.html
- but unfortunately in the JC-version, i. e. mirror symmetric resp. push-pull.
As I know, this topology haven't to do with SRPP (shunt regulated push-pull) like the attachement here and like this scheme about
Guitar Effects - AMZ Mini-Booster

Attachments

• MOSFET SRPP.pdf
    98.7 KB · Views: 281
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.