where can i buy thick wool felt in UK?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey peeps.

(to some degree)My father worked on the LS3 for Goodmans back in the 70's, (when they got the rights to reproduce the design) and other protoypes (moonlighting for himself!) using the early drivers; as well as some car speakers based very similar in type to the bextrene 5 ½" midbass (oo-er)

Through listening to and looking at his versions, and the LS3 (or LS5, anyway, the mini monitors...), i noticed the thick felt used around the tweeter, and since then i have been trying to source similar material to use on the baffle or my latest project.

trouble is i havent managed to find any in the UK. all i can find is craft felt. very thin and probably polyester, if im not mistaken.

after reading planet10's post about cotton matting i have searched for this here in UK too, but to no avail.

Anyone have any links to retailers in the UK please?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.