junkyard wars/ scrapheap challenge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It was "Junkyard Wars" in the US, but sometimes you would see a "Scrapheap Challenge" banner that they forgot to blur. Somewhere along the way they kept changing the commentating team and the program went downhill and just faded away.

On another note, what happened to all the robot battle programs. I think that there were 3 or 4 programs then one day they were all gone.

Ah, Andy the Barley Farmer, a true legend of our times.

Pretty sure the "blonde chick" (Cathy, as I recall it) was actually the producer, but was co-presenting because she hadn't found anyone else who wanted the job.

Edit: For anyone interested in how all that came about, and what happened later, Robert Llewellyn (the other scrapheap host) did a nice interview with her over on http://www.llewtube.com/ - just scroll down the list for Cathy Rogers.

Last edited:
Cathy Rogers was the original presenter along with Robert Llewellyn. The nice looking blonde chick that got pregnant was Lisa Rogers (no relation) who replaced Cathy.

The first few series are the best. There was a new series on here recently, Robert and Lisa have moved on and frankly it is now a bit rubbish and forced. I have heard from one of the contestants on the new series and they said it was a load of rubbish and the interference from the production team was huge and irritating. Also the resident team do little real work.

llewtube

Ah, Andy the Barley Farmer, a true legend of our times.

Pretty sure the "blonde chick" (Cathy, as I recall it) was actually the producer, but was co-presenting because she hadn't found anyone else who wanted the job.

Edit: For anyone interested in how all that came about, and what happened later, Robert Llewellyn (the other scrapheap host) did a nice interview with her over on Llewtube - just scroll down the list for Cathy Rogers.

Llewtube is a interesting concept, I ended up watching quit a few of interviews after the Cathy one. BTW Lisa has a web site too: Lisa Rogers. TV presenter Lisa Rogers.
Nice :cloud9:

Thing that has always bugged me about Scrap Heap is the welding !! Virtually non of the teams have a clue about this vital scrappy skill and it can be guaranteed that any vital welds on the projects will fail and put the machine out of contention. Also , things are always too heavy and underpowered !! Rant over !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.