Class D school project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum so please be kind if I do anything wrong. For my analog integrated circuit class I decided to try to make a very simple class d amp on a breadboard, and am only looking for an audible output, nothing too loud. my plan is to hook my ipod up to the amplifier to demonstrate that it works. Ive read through a few of the class d posts and know that I will run into issues. Ive tried to do some of my own research but am having difficulty answering some (simple) questions.

first, does anyone know wat kind of gain i need to have on the ipod audio before compared with the tri wave? And wat (typically) is the tri wave amplitude? for wat im trying to do would a couple bjt's and an opamp be enough to drive the MOSFETs? is there a simple way to introduce dead time with analog components (especially since im not dealing with crazy amounts of power)? Any suggestions would be an amazing help, and if you have any documents/forums u think i should read feel free to post them, ive read through quite a bit but its possible I missed something important.

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum so please be kind if I do anything wrong. For my analog integrated circuit class I decided to try to make a very simple class d amp on a breadboard, and am only looking for an audible output, nothing too loud. my plan is to hook my ipod up to the amplifier to demonstrate that it works. Ive read through a few of the class d posts and know that I will run into issues. Ive tried to do some of my own research but am having difficulty answering some (simple) questions.

first, does anyone know wat kind of gain i need to have on the ipod audio before compared with the tri wave? And wat (typically) is the tri wave amplitude? for wat im trying to do would a couple bjt's and an opamp be enough to drive the MOSFETs? is there a simple way to introduce dead time with analog components (especially since im not dealing with crazy amounts of power)? Any suggestions would be an amazing help, and if you have any documents/forums u think i should read feel free to post them, ive read through quite a bit but its possible I missed something important.

Hi,

Try to read UCD based amps( AES 117, make search on the forum) and find your solution. For eg. LM 361+2*TC4420(9A peak output current) from single 12V( max 18V) PS. full bridge UCD based hybrid amp. This will give you plenty of power you need. That is only an idea and you can do your circuit yourself. Instead of buying some ready ICs for class-D doing your own circuit is better to learn more for students. As being a researcher I do not recomend to (my) students do ready solutions. Finding your own solution make you more ready to remainging life. If you are an electronic student it is more necessary to solve some big problems in the future of your engineering life.

Best Regads.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.