1.5 Litre V16..."Audible jesus"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I love all sounds....To me the EARS are the "gateway to the soul"
Be it a symphony, Rock band........or just sounds of the natural world.
I found this piece of sound to be quite stirring.
It is the sounds of a fifties era F1 racecar. It is recorded at a racetrack of course, full stereo & high quality. It does drop-out a tad......some passages are very loud & some very quiet. It lasts five minutes..then it has in-car sounds which are not very good quality. The car was/is so complex it can rarely run as good as it does here..(which is why it never was very competitive).

------------Use your best headphones or dare to run it thru your system-----
YouTube - *NEW* BRM V16 Sound - Very High Quality sound

_____________________________________________________Rick....

In the words of Rich Taylor, "Holy Mother of God. Sheeut!"

Few noises could grasp my emotion and shake it like that did, worthy of a description by either Shakespeare or Penthouse. Either would do.

The men who drove those machines on the edge were as masculine as definition allows. Fully focused, zero fear, flirting with death literally every second on the course. Perhaps they were just entranced. That siren's song could surely lure me to abandon all concern.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

I need a drink. And a pair of headhones.

Heard and seen it running at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed a few years ago.

An amazing engine to hear and to look at, if I remember correctly it is actually a H16 engine ie a V8 with another V8 mounted underneath on the same crank.
A shrieking banshee, it was deafening!
Although the Ferrari 712 and Porsche 917/30 were literally breathtaking ie more bassy in a chest-kicking kind of way.

Heard and seen it running at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed a few years ago.

An amazing engine to hear and to look at, if I remember correctly it is actually a H16 engine ie a V8 with another V8 mounted underneath on the same crank.
A shrieking banshee, it was deafening!
Although the Ferrari 712 and Porsche 917/30 were literally breathtaking ie more bassy in a chest-kicking kind of way.

No, this one was a V, the H not coming about until my high school years, mid- to late-'60s, in rear-engine cars. I think Jim Clark actually won a race with the H engine. Cool stuff.

I love all sounds....To me the EARS are the "gateway to the soul"
Be it a symphony, Rock band........or just sounds of the natural world.
I found this piece of sound to be quite stirring.
Heh heh heh :D Cheers for the link ;) When my father was alive he worked on the same industrial estate as BRM at a place called Bourne in Lincolnshire UK. I remember him coming home one day & telling me about this V16 racing car that they were warming up (read reving up) very close to where he was, so naturally he took a look.

I think the sound of that kind of explains why he took the time out :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.