Vinyl ripping software help for PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all.. I am in need of a piece of software for creating the tracks from an LP. I am recording using Audacity or Soundbooth. On my Mac, I have a great program that will open the WAV or AIFF file those programs create and then let me create start stop points for each song and add its title. I can then export into individual tracks or to itunes. It is really easy. I am looking for something like that on the PC to create the individual song tracks. It's so fast on the Mac and I've not seen anything like it on the pc. Anyone have any recommendations? Again looking for a pc-windows equivalent.... thanks.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
There might be programs out there that I'm not aware of, but...
I record the whole LP as one track and then manually cut it in pieces by adding cue points.
This technique permits to choose the length of the silence between tracks -which I believe should correspond to the type of music- and to adjust for zero crossings.

/Hugo

with what program? I wish i could post a video.. on the mac.. i click at the end of the first song...then at the end of the second song... start point added automatically based on previous track... it then has a list of tracks -- that i type the name, press enter and im in the next track... never leave keyboard.. then export to individual tracks...its fast -- much faster then export from soundbooth... and renaming the file...unless i am missing something....

Adobe Audition.
If I may ask, why not use the Mac if it does exactly what you need?

Actually I am at the moment... but my media mac is likely to be replaced with a media pc because it is newer, faster and has more storage. it all boils down to what i have left over from my main work rigs... in this case it is a pc.

That said.. without a suitable software replacement i may not be making the switch...

Joined 2003
Paid Member
After I made the cuepoints with Audition, I use CueListTool to make the Cuelist and EAC to split the WAV into tracks. Finally, I name the files within Mediamonkey.
All these are free programs, except Audition, but if you need the smooth environment of your current software, I guess you’ll have to stick with it.
Still, it is probable that something similar exists for PC that I'm not aware of.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.