Looking for infos: Carver M-2060

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Google wasn't very helpful...
I didn't find more infos, except 2*60W per channel.
Great! That's already stated on the case of the amplifier! :(

So, does anybody have more information on this old one?
Some marks in the sink make me believe the production date is 10-23-1989!
Ans it looks somewhat chaotic inside, like they forgot serveral Rs and Cs and just soldered them somewhere in-line...

I'm thinking about spending new caps to this one and send it to someone who will benchmark it for me!

There wasn't a lot more information on them.

That's a likely production date, and would be early in the run for M2060's. Up until late '89 the M2120 was the only car amp from Carver. Here's the ad that was run for a couple of years before that, it touts the M2120 as "The Carver Car Amp." In the Spring 1989 Buyer's Guide, the M2120 was still the only amp under Carver's listing.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

There are a few specs mingled in with the propoganda, you have to look for them. Bob Carver was a marketeer.

Also included here is the ad from the introduction of the other Carver offerings, and a price listing from the CSR Buyer's Guide spring 1991 issue.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.