• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rca mi-9358a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys picked up this amp which is one of 3 in the RCA Photo Tone Theatre set up. I have the powered up after a power supply recap. and all appears well. No signal connected to it yet as I am building the passive pre right now. My question is does anyone have any opinions or specs concerning this amp. I was told that it used UTC output transformers. As you can see it Lives in the pic just hadn't add the other two ouput tubes at that point. It uses for those wondering 4- 6L6 2-5U4 and 1620 driver tubes. The iron on the rear of it weighs a ton. Interested to hear what has to be said regarding this work of art.

Attachments

• IT LIVES.jpg
    IT LIVES.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 94
I am very careful when working on tube amps. I power up with a variac. I have been electrocuted and lucky to be here. The wire in this unit is in really good shape. How good will the sound quality be? Thanks for the warning I will be on the look out for it as far as the wire is concerned.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.