hello and where do i post my dynaudio amp repair question?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Welcome. The best place should be troubleshooting question in solid state amps forum, and I think that you have to collect some ready info or links for the item and/or take some pictures so it can attract some interest.

P.S. If it has chip amps in its back, there is also a special chip amp forum. Better open it and shoot pics.

just a little update

i never bothered repairing the dynaudios or making that second post. i simply didn't have the time.

i'm now on the hunt for a decent pair of near field monitors.

i've been eying dynaudio BM5A and BM6Ps for a while now on ebay. they run about $600-700 used. (my previous pair was purchased as an investment. i knew the market for used ones and got them very cheap)

they fit my budget, have a pretty much locked in stone resale rate at the moment and i've heard them before and liked them.

i recently sold my ns-10s after 3 years of not enjoying music on them. i made a decision to cut out the ******** and get monitors i actually like listening to music on. maybe that part will actually effect my mixes for the better? my theory is: i'm a musician, so i "play" things to make my art. ns-10s just felt like a shitty, out of tune guitar. sure i can bang out "louie louie" on it and you'll recognize it, but why bother? a nice monitor would be fun to play with. to make things sparkle on them.

i digress.

i read some of the recommended reading posts for newbies in one of the speaker design forums and kind of got my mind blown.

i'm wondering if i'm not spending my money as wisely as possible. can i get the same feeling i got from listening to the dynaudios from other speakers/monitors? can i actually find somehting with in my budget that will appreciate in value?

i currently have an adcom gfa-535 amp that sounds fine to my ears. i don't need to crank my monitors often as i live in an apartment.

i also get the idea that paying extra for an active version of a pair of monitors might not be worth the extra $400 (a pair of bm6a vs bm6p on ebay will show this).

does anyone have any guiding lights for me?

i can handle a soldering iron quite well. a solution involving modifications is ok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.