Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!!

I've been waiting for a simple solution like this to come along. :)

Now I can do a USB -> I2S DAC without fear of ground loops and noise from the PC. I'm glad I never got around to wasting any time on a USB -> SPDIF solution.

Last edited:
Just found this thread. My name is Oleg, I am C@Home guy. If you have questions about isolator, please ask. About power supply - the one supplying peripheral side is a pretty good switcher, definitely better than PC 5V through 6 feet of thin wire :). It really shouldn't matter for audio - if device is bus-powered it will condition the supply and if it's self-powered, then supply is used only for isolator's peripheral side anyway:). However, it can be bypassed altogether if necesssary.

/felis

Just found this thread. My name is Oleg, I am C@Home guy. If you have questions about isolator, please ask. About power supply - the one supplying peripheral side is a pretty good switcher, definitely better than PC 5V through 6 feet of thin wire :). It really shouldn't matter for audio - if device is bus-powered it will condition the supply and if it's self-powered, then supply is used only for isolator's peripheral side anyway:). However, it can be bypassed altogether if necesssary.

/felis

Hi Oleg,
You might recognise my name here - we're in email correspondence at the moment. I should have pointed you to this board as it is where I picked up your site address from. Anyway, good to see you found your way here - I presume you noted a rise in orders for this kit as others ordered from you?

Hal06, let us know how it performs!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.