Bad Ukranian seller on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well,
A little while ago I bought some GM 70's from Holm_UA

I won't make that mistake again, they never arrived. Lots of promises, no proof of shipping and no refund.
Paypal were less than helpful, and ebay themselves couldn't give a ratsarse about the customer.
And the seller gets a nice accurate negative.

Has anyone else had problems with the ukranians ?

I must add as a disclaimer that all my other dealings have been with Russians and they have been great. The Russian sellers are prompt and polite to deal with.
Peter.

Call your credit card company if that's where the money that went to PayPal came from. You may still be able to initiate a charge back that way.

Just be aware that Paypal will probably ban you if you do that.

Most of the horror stories from Paypal I've heard come from sellers being burned by the ease of charging the seller back - maybe it's worth pushing a little harder or threatening them with a credit card chargeback.

Hi Stu,
I've been caught by a buyer doing just that. Filing a claim for an item not received, i saw them sell it 7 months later when my saved search picked it up. They were stupid enough to show the serial number of the item. I made a complaint to ebay but was told it was too late to do anything, so i contacted the federal police , the moron was in canberra.
He has been charged and will go back to court this year.
We started the action in 2003 with other people that he had ripped off. 196 charges in total and if we're lucky he'll be fined.
My claim is too small to risk the wrath of paypal, i'll just avoid those theiving b*****d Uko's. It is no wonder the Russki's keep cutting off their gas.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Should I list the soon 100 U.S.sellers(+ many others) thay I bought bad "NOS"/"NIB" tubes from?
(I have a big box full of "valuable" tubes that read less than 50% emission and/or GM)
And I still do take that chance...it's like a lottery.

Arne K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.