Mis-behaving Cyrus II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

Forgive a noob posting but I've been reading through this forum for a while, and there seems to be a lot of guys who know their stuff on here!

Little issue with a Cyrus II and PSX, been using the amp for a while with a Rotel RCD975 and Rogers LS55s with no problems. Recently been given a Pro-ject debut which I hooked up tonight, made sure both the PSX and the amp were powered, and nothing. I know the turntable works but I can't get anything out of the amp on either the MM or MC phono inputs :(

I've heard the low voltage power suppy caps can fail on these, but I've been under the hood of the thing and they *look* ok... not swollen or peeling... I'm a little stuck... no crackles, just silence on both channels... any thoughts??

Gary.

My guess would have been that you weren't powering the amp up as well as the PSX , since as the PSX only runs the power amp stage and not the regulators that feed the phono stage, but you are :)

If you are experienced enough, measure the voltages at pins 4 and 8 on the NE5534 opamp in there.

Thanks Jaycee, pulled the board out and the tracks under that same op-amp have parted company with the very discoloured looking PCB... Looking around the joints on the board its not the first one to have done so either, its been repaired a couple of times before, noticably under the output stage.

Its one of the very first models with the plastic case, and the PCB resembles the ones I used to build in college.... although I have to say mine were neater! :eek:

Think this ones going to be filed under "project" for while!

Gary.

Thanks Jaycee, pulled the board out and the tracks under that same op-amp have parted company with the very discoloured looking PCB... Looking around the joints on the board its not the first one to have done so either, its been repaired a couple of times before, noticably under the output stage.

Its one of the very first models with the plastic case, and the PCB resembles the ones I used to build in college.... although I have to say mine were neater! :eek:

Think this ones going to be filed under "project" for while!

Gary.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.