• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido grounding scheme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am finally at the final stages of my Aikido preamp build. All that is left is the permanent mounting of the RCA jacks, the capacitor selector switch, and the volume pot.

I have selected to use the insulated RCA jacks. I wanted to make sure my grounding scheme made sense - especially for the pot. I have two main questions.

1. The ground from the output of the board goes to the pot and then to the ground of the output RCA's?
2. Can the grounds on the input RCA's be run as depicted?

Thanks in advance
Carl
aikidowiring1.jpg

Great to see another Aikido. Well done.

I find that as long as there are no loops in the grounding there can be many configurations. I tried connecting all the grounds in one long string possibly going to a common ground bus.

I even connected a wire from the outer casing of the volume pot to the ground which helped reduce any noise when I turned the knob.

You will know when you have missed a grounding point. The noise will tell you straight away. From experience.

tips:

http://sound.westhost.com/earthing.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.