• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

making octal adapters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a source of parts in order to make my own tube adapters for octal tubes.

I found a part number for the octal base SK-8(bottom) but need the part the tube plugs into (the top portion) I think it is PN SK-8-P1 or SK-8-P2. Does anyone have a source for these that they would care to share?

Yes, I have seen the site and have purchased a number of tubes over the years. I wish to make my own adapters since I have everything except for the octal socket the tube plugs into. I have the bottom base piece and the ceramic tube caps.

The tube base can be found at the tube center just to mention one and is PN SK-8

6BG6GA said:
From the response I am getting I must assume that no makes the part I need.

DIY is your best way.

Here's my "Bias Rite" that could easily be a basing adapter.

$5 in parts and voila! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers!

Thanks!

1-1/4" PVC cap IIRC. Only required minimal machining inside (drum sander thing on a drillpress) for a nice tight fit of the octal base that was scavenged from a dead 6L6.

It's held together (via drilled and 6-32 threadded holes in the cap) with four setscrews of 3/8" offset from any pins, that way they don't short anything and the base won't pull free. The base is also drilled (but not threadded), so it's not just "friction set" for extra safety.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.