Modeling emotional engagement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: Where to start.......

Jocko Homo said:
Maybe if you had stated that the purpose was to show how one can design with an op-amp, and then an output stage with gain; then maybe my inbox would not be full of confused questions directed at me (intead of you!).

Jocko

...Surely.....i am no more responsible for what is in your 'in-box' than for the contents of your water closet...:D

I believe the culprit's name was......

Prof. Garde. Anyway, whoever the ponce was, he claimed that you should never need more than a 25 ohm degeneration resistor......maybe 100 ohms in a special case.

His proof?????? Damifino..........

So.....if the good Prof. from GA Tech (which turns out some real dud engineers) is so stupid, then why is it still being built by people here. And countless others.

Where is the corresponding "nested feedback loops" camp on this, or any other, forum?

And a cetain person.........held in very high regard by near everyone here.........has he ever done any of that stuff? And look how successful he has become.

So.....Prof. Mike........what is the point of "output stages to enhance slew rate" about anyway?

If the point is to show how smart you are, then I will start refering the countless requests for advice/guidance/ etc. to you.

Then you can spend countless hours answering e-mail, helping the DIY crowd, and I can go back to being just a regular PITA.

Jocko

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Re: It is not provocation, bub........

Jocko Homo said:
(Phred is responsible.....through his wife's generosity.....for what is in the water closet today.)

Jocko

That's the most convoluted and tasteless thank you note for pizza that I ever hope to read. I suppose its the thought that counts though. Your welcome .......... I think. Your a grand guy.

Attachments

• magicchristian.jpg
    magicchristian.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 363
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: I believe the culprit's name was......

Jocko Homo said:
Prof. Leach wrote a JAES article in the early 80s or so explaining how to size the input degeneration. Right after that, the egghead Ph. D.s from "down under"savaged him. Don't believe me??? Go look it up.

No, you do not increase increase offset by degenerating. And the noise of a system is determined by the first stage, and unless the subsequent stage has gross noise, it will not increase the noise figure.

Go read National Semiconductors explanation of slew rate enhancement with degeneration.

And since when did making something linear in the first place become a bad idea?

And yes, Signoro Lloyd, why don't we see Boulder clones? Because it is too much a of pain to make. Not impossible, just a pain. The idea is to make money, and hopefully good sounding gear. Not some convoluted effort to impress your old college professor.

Anyone can build one of something. Try making them by the thousands. Then I will be impressed. Compare the small number of amps that Boulder and their ilk build compared to the rest of the world.

And I am still waiting for someone to build Prof. Cherry's kludge.......the one with 5 nested feedback loops.

And yes, Mikey, you are responsible today for what is in my inbox. Maybe if you had more clearly stated your purpose, you could have avoided this rock throwing contest.

(Phred is responsible.....through his wife's generosity.....for what is in the water closet today.)

Jocko

Jocko Homo said:
Prof. Garde. Anyway, whoever the ponce was, he claimed that you should never need more than a 25 ohm degeneration resistor......maybe 100 ohms in a special case.

His proof?????? Damifino..........

So.....if the good Prof. from GA Tech (which turns out some real dud engineers) is so stupid, then why is it still being built by people here. And countless others.

Where is the corresponding "nested feedback loops" camp on this, or any other, forum?

And a cetain person.........held in very high regard by near everyone here.........has he ever done any of that stuff? And look how successful he has become.

So.....Prof. Mike........what is the point of "output stages to enhance slew rate" about anyway?

If the point is to show how smart you are, then I will start refering the countless requests for advice/guidance/ etc. to you.

Then you can spend countless hours answering e-mail, helping the DIY crowd, and I can go back to being just a regular PITA.

Jocko

:rolleyes: ...

excuse me for butting in here..

but did you just wake up this morning and decide - "hey, why don't I just go pick a fight?" Thats the only thing that explains the "poking a bear" actions in this thread. Because otherwise, the S/N ratio of your posts excedes my ability to measure it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: Good designs shouldn't need servos....

Jocko Homo said:
Your knowledge.....or lack some may say.....is more laughable.

Yep.......you are now the DIY expert. All enquiries for help from me will be directed to you. Enjoy.

Jocko

No Homo...i hope to learn from your contibutions just i hope you might find some of mine usefull...

I didn't start this thread with the intention of demonstrating a preference for output stages with gain.....

...as i pointed out earlier, the idea was to share info. on a technical piece of info. that no one here seems to have noted....period.

.....However it was quite obvious from the very start that you Homo, and Dickman set out to be deliberately, and willfully obtuse.......:scratch:...

.........i am correct in assuming that the later is not merely an involuntary, and therefore congenital difficulty?:rolleyes:

...no.....by all means keep you 'inquiries' in your in-tray, water-closet, or whatever else you use for the purpose....:nod:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: Hey Professor.....

Fred Dieckmann said:

The output impedance of the current source starts to drop above a few kHz. The current source on the front end differential pair contributes to the PSRR and CMRR of this stage.
Noise from the supply and common mode noise on the input extend into the RF range and the performance even at these frequencies is important.

Nothing to do with 'dignity'......good to see you've toned down your language somewhat...:)......I have quoted the material that i agree 100% with above...ergo...the wheat from the chaff...Cheers mate.

Jocko Homo said:
Did you and I read the same book??? Isn't that what they said?

Somehow I think our disagreement is all a matter of semantics. We see the same thing and come to different conclusions.

For the record:

Phred has nothing to do with any of my responses.

I believe that the title you have chosen for this thread has caused great confusion.

DIY members asked my privately if I understood what the point was. Indeed, some did so early on in this thread.

Yes, you brought up many things that you have chosen to share. I'm sure many are grateful. I would not ever suggest that you should not do such.

I will suggest that perhaps next time you will think how the average DIY type might interpret the message you want to convey. It would be welcome by many.

Jocko

Thanks for toning down your diatribe...cheers.:)

However, i think you should speak for yourself.......

.......members who need any clarification know what to do....surely?:scratch:

Let's See Some Proper Facts.

...perhaps you would like to expound on your rather nebulous, nay, wooly phrase : '.....a big enough liabilities..........?
....I wait with bated breath....Oh maestro....
Your knowledge of practical electronics is truly lamentable...
As for noise.....get off the juice...or whatever you're on...
Truly lamentable!.....degeneration does not of itself increase slew rate...
....pray where did you get this piece of nonsense?
I generally do not take anybody who suggests they can 'hear' the 'sound' of an active DC current source...seriously.
The idea that the 'transient response' of the tail current source in a differential stage somehow affects the 'sound' of an amplifier is something i will not dignify with further comment.
Not having the intellectual aptitude to appreciate the work of those who take the time to contribute to JAES and other similar journals does not give you the right to denegrate or belittle their work.
I am satisfied from your presentation here that this is well beyond your abilities.
.....However it was quite obvious from the very start that you Homo, and Dickman set out to be deliberately, and willfully obtuse......
.........i am correct in assuming that the later is not merely an involuntary, and therefore congenital difficulty?

Mikek, you have a habit of acting immaturely, especially toward members around here who have quite immense formal and practical knowledge and experience.
If you were to present your contentions in a more polite and literate manner, much more can be learnt that just your ego and social ettiquette standards.
The likes of Jocko, Phred and many others are able to present information and justifications without brashness, as is appropriate in polite society.
I would appreciate this time a polite explanation of the character strings as in your profile, or if meaningless an explanation of your motives in doing so.
Phred has asked of your actual practical experience in construction or repairs of audio equipment - please enlighten us all.

Eric.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: Let's See Some Proper Facts.

mrfeedback said:

Mikek, you have a habit of acting immaturely, especially toward members around here who have quite immense formal and practical knowledge and experience.
If you were to present your contentions in a more polite and literate manner, much more can be learnt that just your ego and social ettiquette standards.
The likes of Jocko, Phred and many others are able to present information and justifications without brashness, as is appropriate in polite society.
I would appreciate this time a polite explanation of the character strings as in your profile, or if meaningless an explanation of your motives in doing so.
Phred has asked of your actual practical experience in construction or repairs of audio equipment - please enlighten us all.

Eric.

Eric thank you for taking the above qoutes completely out of context.....

.....try doing the same for homo and dickman's posts in this particular thread.......cheers.
:rolleyes:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Mr feedback...

Jocko Homo said:

And yes, Mikey, you are responsible today for what is in my inbox. Maybe if you had more clearly stated your purpose, you could have avoided this rock throwing contest.

Jocko

AHAAA now we have the admission that HE, and not yours truly made this a 'rock throwing contest'

Get your facts right mrfeedback please before qouting me out of context....cheers.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
oh...feedback...wherefor art thou Oh feedback...

Fred Dieckmann said:
I have found studying, modifying, and building commercial and hobbyist audio circuits much more useful than using the AES journal and Wireless World as reading material for autoeroticism, as I suspect a few others on this forum do.

Oh...just one more insult from dickman you missed
...mrfeedback..

...so much for 'feedback'...:scratch:

Re: oh...feedback...wherefor art thou Oh feedback...

mikek said:

Oh...just one more insult from dickman you missed
...mrfeedback..

...so much for 'feedback'...:scratch:

Mikek,

Now that wasn't an insult from Fred. I've been insulted by Fred and I know the difference. By the way his last name is Dieckmann, I hope what you wrote was a typo on your part, but given how you have behaved so far in this and other threads, perhaps not.

The supposed insults you posted from Fred and Jocko were comments belittling public figures (not you), plus one piece of humor from Jocko and a bit of Latin from Fred (I confess I have no idea what he said since I never studied Latin).

All of your comments that mrfeedback quoted were insults directed specifically at the person you were talking to. If you can't see any difference between these two styles of communication then I suggest you should go back to academia and leave us poor dumb working engineers mired in the muck of our own ignorance. We obviously don't deserve to share in your grace and gentle wisdom.

Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.