Adcom 5800

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi every one. I am a new member on side and I need some help. Few days ago I got used Adcom 5800 amp for my SDA SRS and whit out checking if that have commen ground I hook that amp up. Now I blow up some resister or moor things. I had opend up amp and whit DVM check all resister in it. There is one on top of CAPS read only 00.6 OMS and other side read 1.5M OMS. That resister location on bord R102 is. I need to know if any one of you had repair that model and give me some moor info how to check rest of parts. Also need some parts and schematic as will. I did not grow up in US. If I had mad any mistake for give. Thanks Roy

The Adcom GFA-5800 has a resistor and a capacitor in parallel coupling the signal ground for each channel to the chassis ground. The resistors are R101 and R201 and their value is 1 ohm 1 watt. They are bypassed by film capacitors C101 and C201 which are 1uF 50V mylar capacitors. These parts seem to be undersized. I found them damaged on my amplifier.
R102, R103, R202, R203 are 10K ohm 2W resistors which bleed down the voltage on the large filter capacitors when the amplifier is turned off. I don't know how they could be damaged unless a 110V AC amplifier was run on 230V AC power.
It is easy for find schematics if you google Adcom GFA 5800.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.