Info on Mordaunt Short tweeter - MS1PT-3R5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've managed to blow my Mordaunt Short 914i tweeters and it seems that spares are either difficult or too expensive to find.

I am thinking of replacing it with another tweeter, close to the original or even better. There is where I need your help. Nominal impedance is 4 Ohms, sensitivity of the speaker is 89dB. I can also find the crossing frequency from measuring the parts on the crossover. So, I am thinking to find a cheap, i.e. $40 tweeter, of 4 Ohms nom. impedance, 89dB sensitivity that works well above the crossing frequency. Ofcourse, the impedance being the same doesn't mean that the new tweeter will match well with my mid-woofer since I don't know the exact impedance of the original tweeter at the crossing point. But I still believe that it deserves a try.

What do you think?

I would like to recommend you some high quality tweeters.They are highly efficient and cost-effective.

C25S0601E.jpg

C25S0601C-1.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.