NAD 302 - Headphone jack issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I know nothing about building or repairing electronics and was hoping someone here would have an idea about what to do with this piece.

I found an old NAD 302 in an alley about 2 weeks ago and the pre outs sound great but the speaker terminals are dead. The likely cause of this is that the headphone jack has been severed and is nowhere to be seen. The headphone jack also attaches and relays the signal to the main speaker binding posts. I bought a switched phone jack to replace it but the problem I've run into is that the original part is a PCB card with the jack attached complete with seperate terminals for each of the five wires. My switched headphone jack has only three.

My question is: Will this new headphone jack work and also which wires get soldered to which connections on the jack.

The five wires are:

Red - goes to right speaker hot
White - goes to left speaker hot
Yellow - comes off board next to "O/P L"
Brown - comes off board next to "O/P R"
Black - comes off board next to the speaker terminal neg. posts

Any help would be appreciated

-Philip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.